Extravaganza Registration (Piano)
Monday, October 3, 2016 by Debra Bolte Redding | Uncategorized
Lincoln Music Teachers Association Presents:
Extravaganza 2017 Dance!
Featuring a multi-keyboard orchestra and string ensemble (Keyboards provided courtesy of Dietze Music House, Lincoln)
Postmark Due Date: October 8
Performance: O’Donnell Auditorium
Sunday, January 8, 2017, Nebraska Wesleyan University
3:00 pm 50
and Huntington Streets
Requirements for participation:
- Each participant must be a student of an active member of Lincoln Music Teachers Association.Students of all ages from beginners (with at least one year of lessons) through advanced performers are invited to participate.
- The student must attend the rehearsal of the assigned group. Your teacher will help you select the appropriate group for which to register. We recommend that teachers choose a level of music for their students which is LESS challenging than that of their solo work. The Extravaganza is designed to provide students with the fun of the duet experience and playing under a conductor in an ensemble.
- A registration fee of $22.00 per student will provide the student with admission to the concert and a T-shirt which must be worn for the rehearsal and performance. Indicate T-shirt size below.
- To register, complete the form below and return to your teacher. Checks should be made payable to the individual teacher. Students will be placed in their selected group(s) on a first come, first served basis.
- Rehearsals will be scheduled on Saturday, January 7, times TBA. Please keep the entire day available. Students MUST be at rehearsal to participate in the performance on Sunday, January 8.
There will be an audience admission charge of $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for ages 4 to 16; children ages 3 and under are free. There is no additional admission charge for participating students. Optional: You may wish to order tickets in advance with your registration. Tickets will be available the day of the performance.
Students may wish to participate in more than one group. They may do so with no additional charge if space is available. However, if they would like a T-shirt to match the additional group, they must pay an extra $6.50. Please fill out a separate registration form for each group you’d like to participate in.
From Mrs. Heald:
Please fill out the top portion of the registration form, including signatures, and the bottom portion with T-shirt size and total amount ONE SHEET PER STUDENT. Return to your lesson and student and Mrs. Heald will select the group and partner (middle section). Please include a check (one check for your family).
Lincoln Music Teachers EXTRAVAGANZA
Friday, September 23, 2016 by Debra Bolte Redding | Performance
What is Extravaganza? It's a super opportunity for students (with at least one year of lessons) to perform in a fun activity! It's held at Nebraska Wesleyan University January 7th and 8th. Approximately 15 digital pianos are placed on stage, and with TWO students per piano, each group has about 30 performers.
We will work in the studio to prepare duets, and then your group will come together to practice on January 7th. The performance will be in the afternoon on January 8th. If you participate, the January 7th rehearsal is absolutely mandatory, and you must set aside the day until we know a specific practice time.
Please email, text, or call Mrs. Heald with any questions. It is hoped that nearly all eligible students will participate!
Piano Announcements - Fall 2016 - Start Date, etc.
Tuesday, August 9, 2016 by Debra Bolte Redding | Uncategorized
Hello Piano Families!
A few announcements for the fall session:
- Fall lessons will start the week of August 21 unless other arrangements are made
- Scheduling is happening NOW. I scheduled my classes first, followed by my more senior students, etc. If you have not received an email about scheduling, it's coming SOON!
- Some students will need to be with Miss Maryn or Mr. Anson - they are AWESOME and your students will love lessons with them!
- Rescheduling lessons: for the coming 2016-17 year: although rescheduled lessons with me will be limited to spots canceled by other students, ANY student will be able to reschedule a missed lesson with Miss Maryn or Mr. Anson. Reschedules will need to be done within 2 weeks (and preferably in the same week) and must have 24 hour notice for non-illness. You will need to go online and cancel your lesson (*important* so that spot will be available for someone else!) and then choose your reschedule time from the available spots. If you cannot schedule in the available spots, you will forfeit that lesson.
- Please remain flexible - even scheduled times may need to adjust 15 or 30 minutes as the schedule is finalized.
- If you have questions, send me a text (402-499-0400) or email. If you'd like to speak to me on the phone, leave a message with the best time for me to call back.
Debra Bolte Heald, NCTM